Tuesday, August 31, 2010

"I Poop"


No, well, let me explain.

For about the last week every time Elyse is doing 'something' in her diaper she yells, "I poop!" At first I tried to correct her and let her know that she did not poop. Then it was just funny and then I thought maybe she had gas. (I know, this may be more than you wanted to know. If you are saying that now then I give you permission to skip this post all together!)

Yesterday morning she yelled again and I quickly rushed her to the bathroom. I wasn't really expecting anything to happen once we got there. I just thought that I would try to help her connect the dots with what she was saying and what should happen in the bathroom.

I quickly removed her diaper and sat her down. THEN SHE DID IT. SHE WENT IN THE POTTY. I had no idea that such a small task would trigger such joy. She sat there smiling and I just laughed. The kind of laugh that you have with a little tear too. It was just so very exciting! I rewarded her with many kisses and some M&M's.

For the rest of the day she would yell, "I Poop" and I would rush her to the bathroom. We had many successful trips and a few accidents. Today was about the same. I am not sure how long this process will take, however, I am pleased with her progress. I can't wait to hear that little voice yell again tomorrow, "I poop!"


Also, the Real Simple Essay Contest is around the corner. This years topic is , "I never thought I'd..."

There are many ideas running around in my head, but I have until September 24th to write something! I will post my essay once it is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment