Sunday, June 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Ryan!



Today marks three years since we walked down the aisle!  It is just crazy how fast time passes.  When I was little and I would hear people say that, I just thought they were crazy!  

In high school I made a list of qualities that I wanted in a husband.  I prayed that God would provide a mate that would be the desire of my heart.  I am thankful and amazed that God provided my list in the form of Ryan!  

The last three years has been a wild, incredible ride and I am excited for the other journeys that God is planning for us.  Here is a little run down of the last three years of married life, the good, the bad and the ugly...at least what I can remember.

  • July 1, 2006 Wedding Day
  • July 2, 2006 We went to Hawaii for our Honeymoon.
  • July 14, 2006 Ryan's Grandma Barber passed away the day after we got home from our honeymoon.
  • In the fall I coached the High School Cross Country Team.
  • I finished the last year of my Masters Degree during our first year of marriage.
  • Remodeling Project #1- new siding on our house and added a bathroom downstairs.
  • September 19, 2006 Ryan's mother, Ellen passed away after a couragous battle with cancer.
  • Ryan was an assistant Varsity Girls Basketball Coach in 2006-2007
  • November 18, 2006 Ryan had reconstructive ankle surgery and was on crutches until the second week of January 2007.
  • December 2, 2006 Ryan's Father, Steve passed away from Multiple Sclarosis.  
  • February 2007 Macy, our cat, found us.
  • I coached Boys Varsity Track in the Spring of 2007.
  • March 2007 We went to NYC for a long weekend.  
  • June 2007 We took Christoph to Washington DC and to NYC for a week.
  • June 2007 We took a group of students to London, Paris, Florence and Rome for 10 days.
  • 2007-2008 Ryan was the Head Varsity Girls Coach and I was the Boys Track Assistant
  • July 2008 We went to Germany, Austria, Prague, Venice, and then a cruise to two Greek Islands, Turkey and Croacia
  • October 2008 Remodeling Project #2 We had some rooms in our house painted and a new bathroom put in upstairs.
  • October 2008 We went to Colorado to visit our dear friends Beth and Zach and another friend/brother Raphael.  
  • 2008-2009 Ryan was the Head Varsity Girls Coach.
  • January 26, 2009 In the middle of basketball season we had Elyse Ellen Day. 
  • May 2009 Remodeling Project#3 New two car garage (in progress)
  • June 2009 Ryan took students to Paris, Florence, and Rome.
I am so thankful, most of all, for the life partner God has given me.  We have experienced extreme joy and heartache together.  He has taught us lessons, given us courage, showed us His love, and continues to walk with us through this journey.

  RCD, I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment