Sunday, June 28, 2009

Confession

I do not know nursery rhymes or kids songs.  I know parts of them and then I make the rest up as I am singing or saying them to Elyse.  Our poor daughter!  I am really going to have to work on this.  This morning I sang, "I'm a little tea pot short and stout.  Here is is handle.  Here is my spout.  When you tip me over watch me shout. Da Da Da Da Da Da Dat."  (The last part was sung to the Jeopardy jingle)  She still smiles at me when I sing, but there is no way she is ever going to learn all these songs and rhymes at this rate. 

On another note here are some other family facts:
  • We have a cousin that moved to LA to be an actor and has been in some commercials.
  • I have a uncle who attempted to become a professional wrestler when he was in his 20's.  His stage name was, "The Jolly Green Giant". 
  • My cousin Jennifer works for M Night Shamolon.
  • My grandmother always told us that we were related to Pocahontas.  I am not so sure about that one...
And yet another note: 

Please pray for my friend David Wenzel.  Here is his blog if you are interested, www.jumpdavidjump.typepad.com
We went to Cedarville University together and he found out last week that he has an inoperable brain tumor.  He is so upbeat about the whole situation and giving glory to God!  The blog is very funny and well written if you have time to read it.  
THANKS in advance for your prayers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment