Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Salsa

I really like homemade salsa this time of year. Everything is so fresh!

Recently, some people have asked me how I make salsa. The answer is that I make it a few different ways. Sometimes I make a more basic salsa and other times I make a corn and black bean salsa. Here are recipes for both types.
Basic Salsa

8- Tomatoes (Roma tomatoes are best)
1- Medium Onion
2-3 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 of a bunch of Cilantro
2 T Olive Oil
1-2 T Lime Juice
1 t Salt
1 t Pepper
1 T Sugar
Hot Sauce to taste

You can change the amounts of anything based on taste and what you like the best. And I like everything chopped small, so I use a food processor to chop and blend everything.

Corn and Black Bean Salsa

1 can of White Corn, rinsed and drained
1 can of Black Beans, rinsed and drained
6 Roma Tomatoes, chopped
5 Green Onions, chopped
1 Red Pepper, chopped
1/4 c. Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 c. Olive Oil
1 t Garlic, minced
1/2 t. Cumin
3/4 c. Cilantro, chopped
Hot Sauce and Salt to taste

I put everything except the Corn and Beans into the food processor. Then combine the two parts.

If you try them, let me know which one that you like the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment