Friday, August 14, 2009

Breakfast

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Here are some of the reasons why.

1. I love coffee. I admit, it is an addiction. When I was pregnant it was so disgusting to me. I was repulsed by the thought of it. However, my love for coffee it back. Most of the time I drink it black, but I also like a plain latte too.

2. Cereal, almost all kinds. You can keep the Raisin Bran.

3. Milk and Juice are two more favorites that come with breakfast.

4. Some times I make pancakes on Saturdays. By the way, here is the recipe I use.

Yummy Pancakes (they are as easy as the mix, just try them!)
2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 t baking powder
1 t cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/4 to 1 cup of milk (depending on how you like your pancakes. I use 1 cup)

Mix and fry.

OK, back to the list.

5. Fruit, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, grits, toast, french toast. Okay, I think it is safe to say I just like breakfast food!

My family knows that I love breakfast. So, for my birthday last week my mom took me to my favorite place for breakfast. The Sunrise Cafe in Yellowsprings

Now on to the reasons I love this little place. First, they have great coffee. Second, everything is organic and fresh! Finally, they have the best pancakes on earth. Go to the website and just look at the picture of the pancakes. They are THIN, not thick and they have really crispy edges. They are served with melted butter and maple syrup. They are just outstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment