Saturday, July 25, 2009

Vacation and a New Job

Well, we are finally home from vacation. We went to Niagara Falls; Burlington, Vermont; Bar Harbor, Maine; Boston, Massachusetts; Newport, Rhode Island; Mystic, Connecticut, and then spent last night in Pennsylvania before driving the rest of the way home today. We drove a total of 2,600 miles! (with a 6 month old) I will post some pictures soon. So, now Elyse has been to a total of 11 states and one other country, Canada. Her passport picture is hilarious!

We really enjoyed our time together. That was our first big car trip since we have been married. However, we had to stop about every 2.5 or 3 hours because Elyse needed to eat and get out of her car seat. And with Ryan being 6'4" he doesn't exactly fit well in a car. So, even with frequent stops, we made the most of it and had a great trip. We traveled around the first week and then stayed in a condo the second week. Here is where we stayed the second week, http://www.oceancliff1and2.com/ We were not too familiar with Newport before we went. The city is well known for their mansions, www.newportmansions.org/ Even though we did not walk through any of the mansions, we were able to enjoy them from the outside on the cliff walk, www.cliffwalk.com Names like the Kennedy's, and the Vanderbilt's built these homes and lived here in the early 1900's. It was just a great place for a week of relaxing!

While we were on our road trip, I accepted a new job. This is a long story, but I will try to make it short. After Elyse was born I searched for a job that would allow me to stay at home with her and still work in some capacity. I really enjoy teaching. I also know that for me I would not be able to stay at home all of the time without having something to call my own. So, I looked for teaching jobs online. I didn't hear anything for a long time and finally the first week of July I had an interview with ECOT, www.ecotohio.org This is the school that I really wanted to work for if I was going to go this route. They said that it would be a few weeks before I would hear anything from them. They called the following week and offered me the job.

Even when they offered me the job, I didn't know what to do. I have loved my job at Miami Trace. They have been so good to me and I really like the people I work with. But, I also really love my daughter. I was torn by this decision. I felt like God had provided this wonderful opportunity for me to stay at home with Elyse and still work from home. I had prayed from the beginning that if this was meant to be that God would just open the door. Then, He did.
All of that to say, I now teach for ECOT, from home. So, now I am a teaching from home mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment